Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Triangle Half-Moon nails featuring Orly Sapphire Silk & Sephora by OPI If You've Got It, Haunt It

Hello to anyone that reads this! Happy 2013! This is my first post of the new year, how exciting.

Today I have a mani I did over the weekend. To others this is a super simple mani, but I'm just starting out with all this nail art stuff and this was my first time doing any type of half-moons, let alone triangle ones. I'm really proud of how they turned out!

instagram: joooana_

Keep reading for more pictures and to find out what I used!



To create this mani I used Orly Sapphire Silk, Sephora by OPI If You've Got It, Haunt It (which is a mini from the Tinsel Town eight piece set) and some tape.



Sapphire Silk is a dark turquoise creme that could be a one coater if you really wanted it to. If You've Got It, Haunt It is a gorgeous glitter polish in a sheer black base full of silver, black, red, orange, green, blue and purple glitter. Basically it's a bottled RAINBOW. I haven't worn this one by itself yet so I'm not sure if it is fully opaque on it's own. I'll definitely be trying that out though because I love it.




I used 2 coats of SS, top coated that with Seche Vite, outlined the triangles and stripes with tape, painted those on with IYGIHI and then topped that with Seche Vite as well.



Closer look of the triangles and stripe. You can really see the different colored glitter in this one. SO PRETTY.


Here's an even closer look, blurred to show off all DAT SPARKLE.

The next 2 pictures are shown outside with sunlight. I didn't really like how these pictures turned out. I prefer the indoor with flash pictures. 



So what do you think? I love the OPI polish. The different colored glitter really makes this polish so versatile, I feel like it could go with almost anything!

2 comments:

  1. O.M.G i love your little nail manicure! I don't wear nail polish but if i did, i would definitely try this one! missversatality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete